Power Quality Audit
saurabh engineering services
Power Quality Audit
Why Power Quality Audit?
Power quality is of major concern to all types of industries and commercial buildings, Data Centers, especially those operating with critical machinery and equipment. Poor Power quality leads to problems of Voltage Sag, Voltage Swell, Voltage Spike, Harmonic distortion, Voltage Unbalance…..etc. This, in turn, leads to major problems like breakdowns, the erratic behavior of equipment, production interruptions, excess energy consumption, etc. Modern industries require automation of their operation enabling them to produce quality products and also for mass production. Conventional systems are being replaced by modern Power Electronic systems, bringing a variety of advantages to the users. Classic examples are DC & AC Drives, UPS, soft starters, etc. Since the Thyristor converter technology is rapidly gaining ground in modern industrial plants, the power supply systems are contaminated as the ideal sinusoidal current and voltage waveforms are getting distorted. This in turn is affecting the performance of the equipment in the electrical network.
Also some of electricity boards are penalizing customers for a higher percentage of harmonics generation at their plants.
Power Quality Audit and correction, will result into
- Savings in energy bills due to reduced losses
- Accurate measurement by installed meters
- Reduced KVA demand
- Improved system efficiency
- Better capacity utilization of network
- Better production rate and quality due to reduced interruptions
- Reduction in equipment failures.
A Power Quality Audit is an assessment of the electrical power characteristics of a facility or system to identify any issues that may be affecting the quality or reliability of the power supply. The audit typically involves a detailed analysis of the voltage, current, frequency, and waveform of the electrical power supply, as well as an assessment of the overall power system design, equipment performance, and maintenance practices.
The purpose of a Power Quality Audit is to identify any Power Quality issues that may be affecting the performance of electrical equipment or processes, such as voltage sags, harmonics, transients, and other types of electrical disturbances. These issues can cause equipment damage, production downtime, or other operational problems, and may also result in increased energy consumption and higher utility bills.
During a Power Quality Audit, various types of measurements and tests are conducted, including voltage and current waveforms, power factor, harmonics, voltage sags and swells, and transient voltage disturbances. The results of these tests are analyzed to identify any sources of power quality problems and to develop recommendations for corrective action.
Overall, a Power Quality Audit can help to improve the reliability and efficiency of a facility’s electrical system, reduce equipment downtime and maintenance costs, and optimize energy consumption and utility bills.
- Power Quality Audit is carried out considering Harmonics Limits defined is IEEE STD-519-2014.
- Power Quality Audit / Harmonics Study Assignments are carried out for following Clients-
- IOCL SRPL, Chennai, in Tamil Nadu.
- Four nos CPWD Building in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy Site-A, Hyderabad
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy Site-B, Hyderabad
- National Institute for the Mentality Handicapped Building, Secunderabad
- AG Office, Hyderabad
- Three Nos Building of Union Bank of India, Mumbai
- Central Office Building, Nariman Point, Mumbai
- Technology Centre, Powai, Mumbai
- Bank Premises at World trade Centre, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai
- More than 150 nos Branches of State Bank of Hyderabad under Mumbai, Aurangabad, Parbhani, Beed, Nashik, Nanded & Hyderabad Regional Offices.
- Vishvaraj Environment Pvt. Ltd., Power Quality Analysis at Bhandewadi STP, Pioli & Pohra Pump House
- Saaj Food Products Pvt. Ltd., Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Spacewood Furnishers Pvt. Ltd., Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Hardoli Paper Mills Ltd, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- Power Matrix Solution Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Power Quality Audit for Central India Institute of Medical Sciences, (CIIMS), Nagpur.
Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information about company or service.